Make your Android home screen smart by setting video as wallpaper. Here’s how to do it.
Wallpaper is one of the first things you see after you unlock your phone, and by using video as wallpaper, you can give your screen a more dynamic look.
Not every android phone has an option to set video as wallpaper out of the box but with a little effort you can use video wallpaper on your android phone. Let’s see how to do this.
how to use video as live wallpaper
Samsung Galaxy phones have a built-in option to set a video wallpaper, but other Android phones do not, so for them, you’ll need to install a third-party live wallpaper app instead. For this guide, we’ll be using Video Live Wallpaper, which is free from the Play Store.
After installing the app, follow these steps:
- Open the app, tap select videoand allow access to your phone’s internal storage.
- Choose a video from the list of all supported files on your phone. To help find videos, the app has options to search by name, select from the file manager, and sort by name, date, title, duration, and more at the top right.
- After making a selection, you can adjust the length of the video by moving the sliders at the bottom to set the start and end points. For best performance, it’s a good idea to keep it small.
- tap on image icon in the upper right corner to open the preview. You can apply it immediately by tapping set wallpaper, Alternatively, press the cog icon to make further changes.
- Choose if you want the sound of the video in your Live Wallpaper audio was disabled option to change it audio enabled,
- If you are using landscape video, it will be cropped to fit your screen. Change Scale fit with crop To scale fit To make the whole video fit on the screen. Depending on the video you’re using, it may distort how it looks.
- tap image icon in the top right again. In the Preview section, tap set wallpaperand choose between setting it to only home screen or both home screen and lock screen To apply the wallpaper accordingly.
There is no option in the app to use video wallpaper only on the lock screen. If you want to apply this only to the lock screen, select home screen and lock screen option first, and then change the home screen wallpaper to the first one.
Live wallpapers are resource intensive as they use the chipset of the device to render the video on screen. While most Android phones can handle live wallpapers without any trouble, if you are using them on devices with a weak chipset, there is a chance that background animation can affect the performance and battery life of your smartphone.
Make your home screen more alive with Video Wallpapers
Live Wallpapers not only give an aesthetic appeal to your smartphone but are the best way to relive the memories of the past, as video recording replaces still images on your device. Third-party video wallpaper apps have more advantages as they allow you to set any length of video as a wallpaper, along with the option to enable or disable sounds.
This is one of the many ways to customize your Android device. There are many more apps you can use to help personalize your phone.